I sometimes sit and think of the strangest things. No, I honestly do! Little musings if you will. Why do I do this? I’ve put it down to one of two things:
1) I have sometimes way to much time on my hands OR
2) My brain just won’t shut off.
I’m thinking it’s the latter really. Anyways, here are some of the thoughts that dwell in the asylum that is my mind.
1) Why do kids choose the most inopportune moment to dirty their clothes? Like just before you are about to leave to go out?
2) Ever walked to the fridge, opened it and just stood there not knowing what it was you wanted? Yeah, been there. A lot.
3) Why do kids always want to eat the food off your plate and when you put the exact same food in their plates, they act like its poison?? (Well mine do that in any case)
4) How come getting things out of the box is a lot easier than putting it back in?
5) If paper was for eating it would have been part of our diet. Now to just explain that to N!
6) Why do they create kids’ movies that are designed to give parents a stroke?
7) I’m convinced they should start a course for moms on how to drink coffee cold.
8) Someone should do research on kids and their “mommy-is-just-about-to-sit-down-for-the-first-time-in-a-long-time-so-lets-do-something-naughty” radar.
9) Why does it always rain when the car has just been washed?
10) How come whenever I’m in a hurry the cars on the road want to drive like Miss Daisy?
11) Funny how it is that the kids will wake up in the morning that extra hour earlier than they supposed to after you went to bed later than usual the night before.
12) Why are kids’ shoes always in the last place you look after having turned the whole house upside-down?
13) Someone should invent a baby-poo-nappy-changer type of machine thingy.
I also discovered a cute little site called Nanny Deprived (www.nannydeprived.com). Its fun, with all kinds of quotes, poetry etc. And it’s all about moms! Here are some funny quotes, but please go check the site out as its pretty cool! 🙂
“I suffer from M.A.D.D. – Mommy Attention Deficit Disorder.”
“My second favourite household chore is ironing. My first being hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint – Erma Bombeck
“Cleaning up with children around is like shovelling during a blizzard”
~ Author Unknown
“Working mothers are guinea pigs in a scientific experiment to show that sleep is not necessary to human life.”
~ Author Unknown
“If there were no schools to take the children away from home part of the time, the insane asylum would be filled with mothers.”
~Edgar Watson Howe
“I know how to do anything – I’m a Mom”
“It’s not easy being a mother. If it were easy, fathers would do it.”
~The Golden Girls
“Raising a kid is part joy and part guerrilla warfare.”