Ok, so I thought I would try something fun. Well, I hope at least it will be fun.
I’ve decided to start a ‘FLUFF’S TOP 5…’
This will be a top 5 list of things (anything really) that pop into my head (yeah I know, not sure how original this is, or whether it’s a good idea!). This will be done once a week (Friday, coz I need at least a week to get 5 things that are worthwhile 😉 ). It will also be in no particular order. Just the Top 5 things in whatever the topic is for that week. 🙂
So, without further ado, I give you:
…Ways To Get A Moments’ Peace!
- Give the kids a snack or something. A full mouth is a quiet mouth. (note: obviously this cannot be done all the time, but it it’s at least a couple of moments)
- Keep certain toys stashed away for a period of time (like a month maybe). Then one day hall them out and watch the magic! Like brand new, it should keep them entertained for at least a bit. Enough for you to just take a breather.
- Make up a game which involves quiet time. Eg. (And don’t judge me on this because it works and I get a couple of minute’s peace and quiet instead of rampant, screaming kids) I play a game of “Shhh, we are looking for rabbits”. I send them down to the end of the passage and let them sit in a corner (from the passage you can see into our lounge area and makes for fun investigating or waiting for rabbits to appear. Do whatever works for you though). I tell them to sit quietly and wait for rabbits. Through the giggling it lets them chill and gives me a moment to compose myself. (I know it sounds cruel, but when you think about it, it kind of lets them expand their imaginations. Unfortunately I am not sure how long this will last, as I reckon it might be age dependent).
- DO NOT, under any circumstances, underestimate the power of movie time!
- Boxes. Large ones. ‘Nuff said!