Lies and other small fibs I tell my kids
- You will get another biscuit AFTER you finish your lunch/supper. (please note that by this time they have had waaay too many biscuits in any case so you know I’m not going to be giving them more).
- If you just go nap/sleep/eat/be quiet (etc. etc. etc. insert your own version here) then we will go tata (go out). (You know we aren’t going anywhere.)
- It’s broken and it must be thrown away. (It’s not really broken; I just can’t stand the noise that they are making with said object/toy. And in case you’re wondering, I do give it back. They just think it’s another one.)
- If you just eat this for mommy, I will give you a biscuit. (Yes, I can sometimes be a briber. But have you met N? She is so fussy with food I think fussy people should avoid her!)
- Yes, yes! If you just lie still and not kick me in the face while I am changing your nappy, you can bloody get whatever you want! (I somehow regain control of my sanity as I am done changing them. You see a kick to the head can momentarily cause one to say really stupid things.)
Yes, I know none of these are very good parenting techniques and will definitely NOT win me the Mom Of The Year award.